King Street in the Community
King Street Wireless is dedicated to positive social change not only in the world of wireless communication, but also within the communities it serves. King Street Wireless joins Volunteer Alexandria for their annual Community Service Day during “Spring for Alexandria.” Each year, the King Street team embarks on a city-wide project with other Alexandria businesses and volunteers to support numerous nonprofit organizations, city agencies, parks, and local schools.
King Street President Allison Cryor DiNardo is widely recognized as a committed business leader and community member.
- In 2013, DiNardo was presented with the Alexandria Board Leader of the Year at the Business Philanthropy Summit.
- DiNardo is the immediate past chair of the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership (AEDP) which leads efforts to grow the local tax base, diversify the economy and attract and retain businesses and organizations. AEDP markets Alexandria as a creative, diverse, knowledge-based community with a high quality of life.
- DiNardo was selected as a delegate to the 2011 Jefferson Innovation Summit, sponsored by the Darden Graduate School of Business to bring together the brightest minds in business, government, academia, media, and the arts to talk about creating and sustaining a society of entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Greater D.C. Cares calls DiNardo a “rising star in philanthropy,” saying she is “leading the charge for social change in the D.C. region.”
- The Washington Business Journal honored DiNardo as “A Woman Who Means Business,” one of 25 women selected in 2006 who “represent women who’ve made a difference in their communities, blazed a trail for the rest of us, and are leaving a mark on Washington business.”